Friday 14 April 2017

Vestment


I bought this baroque beaded vest a couple of summers ago, and usually wear it open with a crop top. But during the colder months, I realised I could get away with belting it and wearing it as a dress; I think this probably makes is less boho and lends a more refined edge, more in tune with my style. I believe it's from the late 60's, the longer length and ornate pattern touching on hippy style but retaining some tailored structure. Worn here with a white turtleneck (I lived in this all winter), topped off with an Edwardian paste star brooch. I wanted to add some patent accessories, opting for a decidedly retro hat-box bag by Liberty of London, and the shiniest and pointiest of shoes. It's a weirdly 1960s tinged, monochromatic-mod look for me, no?  





Vintage vest, H&M turtleneck, Liberty of London bag, Signature shoes. 



























Patent shoes when they were box-fresh and dangerously pointy





Related Posts with Thumbnails