Tuesday 25 January 2011

Tudor Style



Alice bands are quickly shedding their dodgy 80's connotations (something I doubt scrunchies will ever achieve). Browsing Asos earlier, I came across this leather studded spine alice band, which I found rather intriguing. Despite its modern, even Alien-esque/sci-fi look, I immediately thought of Anne Boleyn. The model looks rather regal don't you think?



Anne Boleyn: way ahead of her time. Almost 500 years ahead in fact.


Alternatively, Jennifer Behr can help you achieve that Tudor style, with these rather beautiful twisted velvet designs. I'd be willing to give these looks a go, not sure how I'd style my hair though.


images from: asos.com; jenniferbehr.com; cavendishlibrary.org/blog; myclassiclyrics.com

4 comments:

Miss Tami Lee said...

I really like the way it looks on the model! I would look rather silly wearing one, but I can see this trend taking off for sure

WendyB said...

Totally! Someone needs to wear that with one of my Boleyn necklaces. It would be perfect!

Unknown said...

Hello!
I love your style and I would like to feature you on my blog. I am doing a serie of posts about stylish bloggers around the world. It would not involve too much work on your part. I just need to ask you a few question - 3-5 questions - and I need your permission to use your pictures. Here is the link, if you want to have an idea of what it would look like: http://maketheworldaprettierplace.blogspot.com/p/whos-that-girl.html
-Marie
maketheworldaprettierplace@gmail.com

adidas nmd said...

longchamp bags
nike air huarache
air jordan
nike air force
air max
yeezy boost 350 v2
nike polo
ferragamo belts
basketball shoes
cheap jordans

Related Posts with Thumbnails