Tuesday 19 October 2010

Mint Mesh


For the longest time I have been searching for an antique mesh Chatelaine purse. Antique mesh and chainmail purses are easy to find online or at antiques stores/fairs, but I am pretty fussy and wanted it to be perfect. As I wanted it for jewellery purposes, it had to be small and, importantly, had to have a finger loop so that I could add a chain and wear it as a pendant, or add a pin and wear it as a brooch . A couple of weeks ago, my patience was rewarded as I came across the perfect sized purse in mint condition. The design is rather plain, but I love it and the fact that it's in amazing condition. The hallmarks along the frame tell me it is from London, 1910.

On a side note, the trousers I'm wearing are the AA 'riding pant', however wearing them I get less of an equestrian vibe and more of a deep-sea diving vibe. Not entirely sure how comfortable I am with this...




Blouse (Zara), trousers (American Apparel), vest (Topshop), shoes (Miu Miu)




6 comments:

WendyB said...

You look absolutely amazing.

Miss Tami Lee said...

This whole look is SO perfect

Unknown said...

I wish I had your sense of style! In my opinion, you have the best style of the whole blogsphere - I am not kidding - and this look confirms it!!
I don't comment often but I am one of your faithful readers!

Sharon H. said...

love the outfit! :)

Dial V for Vintage said...

Super chique! I love the green details, and your shoes!!

adidas nmd said...

adidas stan smith
kobe sneakers
links of london
nike zoom running shoe
kyrie irving shoes
longchamp le pliage
nike huarache
nike air force
yeezy boost
longchamp bags

Related Posts with Thumbnails