Tuesday 20 July 2010

Some Gorgeousness


Today the Outnet added several gorgeous pieces from Alberta Ferretti. One dress in particular stood out to me, as I remember going green with envy when seeing it for the first time worn by Lily Allen. Fringing will never get old in my eyes, especially when used in more creative ways such as the back of this dress. I'm sure a lot of us ladies have the standard tiered fringe dress in their closet, but how about metre long fringing cascading from your shoulders? Sounds pretty perfect to me.




Fringed silk chiffon dress - was £1655, now £579.25



The dress is from the Alberta Ferretti s/s 2009 collection. Lily wore the stunning blue version as presented on the runway. I think it looks better fitted on her than on the model, however she did somehow manage to flash her bottom whilst wearing it.


And whilst I'm talking about Lily.... I kept on meaning to feature this Chanel dress since she wore it five months ago, but I never quite got round to it. The Chanel prefall-2010 collection made me dizzy with desire, I loved the dark colour palette, copious embellishment and Chinese influence. This dress in particular stood out to me because of its stunning, dramatic neckline. I think perhaps Lily is a little short to really do this piece justice, but then of course I am just jealous she got to wear it at all. Her hair and make-up were both exquisite and complimentary to the dress also.

A couple of months ago I bought a stunning vintage evening dress, from 1944. Whilst it's not quite as glamorous as the Ferretti or Chanel dresses, it really is a beauty. I must get round to photographing it so I can share it with you all.






images from: theoutnet.com; fashionising.com; style.com; and zimbio.com

4 comments:

Rosie Unknown said...

I love both the dress, the teal one is my favourite though. Lily Allen has such amazing style!

WendyB said...

Fringe doesn't get old for me either.

Jill said...

I think the blue would look amazing on you! I adore fringe and the work on the back is beautiful.

adidas nmd said...

air force 1
harden shoes
led shoes for kids
adidas ultra
cheap jordans
longchamp
longchamp handbags
yeezy boost
michael jordan shoes
nike huarache

Related Posts with Thumbnails