Tuesday 16 February 2010

Specifically Salmon

Any post following the previous one will seem a little trivial. It’s been a strange week, with the news still sinking in and playing on my mind…but the show must go on. Lately I’ve been increasingly drawn to salmony/peachy coloured clothes. I think it all began months ago with this delightful Willow blouse presenting a gorgeous bit of colour I wouldn’t mind wearing. Then came the peachy Topshop vest….and now, well, you’ll see in the next outfit post, I'm growing rather fond of this particular shade.

Of course, being the dark and brooding type that I am, I’m not completely happy with solid neutral colour. I really like the idea of black embroidery/lace overlay on neutral pieces, to provide an ornate contrast. However, satiating my craving for such specific items is proving to be difficult. In my mind, a plethora of beautiful salmony peachy clothing is out there; sadly, the reality is very different. I already have a white blouse with black embroidery around the neckline, but I want salmon damnit! I really have my heart set on finding a salmon blouse with black embroidered accents….hopefully with Spring on its way the shops will have something perfect for me!


l-r clockwise from top: Clements Ribeiro; Alexander McQueen; 3.1 Phillip Lim; Alexander McQueen; Topshop; Alexander McQueen; antique; L'Wren Scott; Jacques Vert; Javani; Oscar de la Renta; Temperley.















Alberta Ferretti x2



Alexander McQueen, John Galliano


Temperley, Oscar de la Renta

final six images from style.com

3 comments:

WendyB said...

LOVE these looks.

Unknown said...

This is an outfit by Marchesa to add to you beautiful list http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010/fashionshows/F2010RTW/MARCHESA/RUNWAY/00100m.jpg

adidas nmd said...

hermes belts
jordans for cheap
links of london
nike roshe one
yeezy boost
adidas stan smith sneakers
michael kors factory outlet
nike huarache
pandora jewelry
nike mercurial

Related Posts with Thumbnails