Friday 5 February 2010

Hat-Hazzard



So I've had this hat for a while now, and it sort of had me defeated. I wanted to wear it pulled down over my ears in a turban-esque way, but felt that the main body of the hat looked too flat and deflated looking. Just plonking it on top of my head away from my ears looked…well…questionable. So, I gave up on it; the hat defeated me. Until a couple of days ago that is, when it occurred to me I could try adding to the hat, building up volume with scarves.....






.....meh... .............




.....???.............




.....hmmm....??




..........Yay! So finally I found a way to wear the hat and be happy. The brooch is a cheap old one I added myself. The skirt is a crushed velvet Topshop sale bargain, and the bangle is also flocked velvet, which I thought was most unusual. It was a bitch to photograph, really adorable though.










Vintage hat, scarves (?), antique belt, shoes (Ravel), blouse (Oasis), velvet skirt (Topshop), cardigan (Topshop)









8 comments:

WendyB said...

That was a great idea. Love the drama of the look.

Margaret said...

you have the most beautiful bone structure :)
love the blog!
stop by mine some time xx

fledgling said...

great turban look!
and i love the top!

xoxo
maxwellconrad

www.fledglingblog.blogspot.com

twentyinsix said...

you are fun.

{Tara} said...

Love the turban! I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a little shout-out on my blog today.
Cheers,
Tara
http://nothing-elegant.blogspot.com

Isabel said...

That looks awesome! I'm perma-jealous of your hair.

Anonymous said...

um hello amazing
LOVE the hat
you totally rocked it, not many could pull that off
classic and chic
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

adidas nmd said...

hermes belts
jordans for cheap
links of london
nike roshe one
yeezy boost
adidas stan smith sneakers
michael kors factory outlet
nike huarache
pandora jewelry
nike mercurial

Related Posts with Thumbnails