Thursday 18 June 2009

Erdem meets Monet


You may recall this Topshop blouse from when I included it in a number of hypothetical summer outfits back in March. I really fell for the beautiful watery floral pattern and the colours used. The effect is that of a Monet water lillies painting, as re-imagined by Erdem, particularly the ss09 collection. Topshop is a little crazy these days with key pieces selling out fast or only being available in certain stores, so the good news is that not only did I manage to find the gorgeous blouse, but it was already in the sale. The bad news? Well, my size was nowhere in sight, so I had to settle for 2 sizes too big. It's therefore a little ill-fitting, but the blouse is so pretty I don't really care. Being 100% silk, the blouse is light as air, perfect for the warmer weather. Warmer weather also means I can wear open-toed summery sandals, something I have been looking forward to for the past few months. These silver snakeskin peep-toes aren't very comfortable, but they sure are cute!




Shoes (Miss Selfridge), cardigan (Topshop), blouse (Topshop), trousers (H&M), belt (gift).




Later on, I changed into an evening look for dinner round my nanny's. I tucked the blouse into my AA disco pants, and wore some incredibly comfortable heels from New Look.




10 comments:

dolldust said...

I like the silver belt over the long cardigan. It takes a very skinny lady to be able to pull that off. Cool look!

Gracie said...

The disco pants paired with the blouse is brilliant. And the hair! Gorgeous.

Love Grace.

ps. I adore your blog.

Gisela and Maury said...

Gorgeous top! and I know exactly what you mean.. I tried on that erdem dress not too long ago and I so loved the print, but not the price.. lol
xo!
-Gisela
www.heightsoffashion.typepad.com

Vera said...

Wow you look fantastic!! You have a great feel for balance and it shows, your outfit is perfectly proportioned.

Unknown said...

wow u loook amazing

Miss. Ore said...

VERY pretty!

http://www.oreiabatan.blogspot.com

eunicena said...

beautifulh

Zarna said...

what FABULOUS hair you have!!!

-zarna
http://zarnasrunway.blogspot.com

DGFH7 said...

We use them on our models also but you really wear the aa disco pants to perfection!!

www.DGFH7.com
www.myspace.com/DGFH7

Lick The Stars said...

I agree with Gisela...nice pairing of disco pants and silk blouse...I wanted those pants so much but something stopped me..might want to reconsider my decision

Related Posts with Thumbnails