Monday 11 May 2009

Green


I've been getting a lot of positive comments about my hair, which both pleases and perplexes me. I think of my hair as a big pile of mess. It's naturally very curly, and is really difficult to look nice and sleek when worn down, even after straightening. I guess one positive of curly hair is that its very thick, so I am able to pile it all on my head and get lots of volume going on, which you guys seem to love! Anyway...today's outfit was based around a new ring of mine. It's pretty obvious that aside from black, green is my favourite colour. This ring is from the 1920/30's and feaures a beautiful chrysoprase stone, with surrounding marcasite accents. I'm absolutely in love with it, the green is pretty mesmerizing in real life. Many thanks to Gina on Ruby Lane for giving me a wonderful ring (and service). I also have a cute new bag with an ornate silver frame. It's such a good size, really fills out, but the bag itself isn't ridiculously large (unlike the Lulu Guinness couture handbag it reminds me of).




Make-up shot; Painting your face shouldn't be this much fun, but it is.


Shoes (Pied a Terre), vintage bag, blazer (Topshop), vintage skirt, vest (Warehouse)


I tried to get a good shot of my earrings, but they kept swinging about damn them! This is the best I could do





9 comments:

Stacy said...

love the skirt+shirt combo and the ring!
great choices

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

Lori said...

you are gorgeous, really, and i'm trying not to sound like a creepy werido but i love your whole look

Delikate Rayne said...

We super agree with Lori...everything about you is perfect...Love those nails and the green of the ring!!!

http://delikaterayne.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. The best I've seen on your site. You're transporting, like a fairy story.

test said...

what a lovely blazer you're wearing.


GIRLS, SHREDDED TSHIRT GIVEAWAY:GO!!!
http://cscrapbook.blogspot.com/



hope to see your comment there.

styleburst said...

i love everything!! The hair, the ring, the outfit.

you're gorgeous!! and the hair is wow!!

great blog dear.


xoxx

Jane said...

That ring is gorgeous. I have such a thing for rings just now.

Please click here to visit me at Vintage Tea!

x

chalortte said...

I love your outfits ! You look great !!!
lucille

Kat George said...

Wow, you're a stunner.

x

Related Posts with Thumbnails