Thursday 21 May 2009

Feeling Fluttery


Those who know me personally will be aware of the fact that I'm afraid of butterflies. In fact, I hate any insect that can fly. I'm also not keen on butterflies in jewellery. I just think the butterfly motif is so overused, a bit boring and just a bit cliche now. Having said that, one is always allowed an exception to the rules they create, and here's mine; a rather wonderful long black butterfly necklace. Speaking of things that flutter, I am a fan of clothes that flutter; specifically, fluttery sleeves that move gracefully around your shoulders. This grey top has said sleeves, but is so ridiculously low cut that I have to layer a top underneath it, lest I show too much skin. Rather unusually, I didn't tuck the top into my skirt, something I nearly always do when wearing a skirt. It's nice to have a change now and then! Also worn today is a great pair of loafers I got recently. I like pointy shoes, I like silver shoes, and (currently) I like loafers, so these are pretty much amazing. My hair today was some kind of accidental genius. Somehow, I managed to make a mini-quiff in front of a larger beehive towards the back. Completely unplanned, and I bet I'll never be able to do it again! It was kinda tricky to photograph, but you hopefully get the idea. 



Vintage shoes, top (asos.com), vest (Topshop), skirt (Topshop)






10 comments:

Sydnie said...

Let me just say that I am terrified of anything that flies, too! I get made fun of all the time for it. But I really, really adore that butterfly necklace! I don't know why, but it just absolutely fascinates me.

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

Veronica said...

Wow, that is a very low cut top lol! I have a few tops like that, I don't understand them. It is very cute though!

FASHION CHALET said...

You're gorgeous, and your hair this way is amazing. Kind of reminds me of Kate Beckinsale, love her! :)




x

Sam said...

I LOVE your style! Where do you buy your clothes?

harps said...

I buy my clothes mainly from regular high-street shops. The rest of my clothes are vintage and come from places like ebay.com and etsy.com. I also like to hunt through charity shops for bargain pieces, but don't often come out with anything amazing. So basically, I get my clothes from all over the place! Thanks for commenting Sam :)

styleburst said...

You look amazing. I love the hair as always and your outfit is wonderful. The butterfly necklace is so cute.


xox

Tiana Couture's Addict said...

Very very stylish you are! and it's precious!love your blog!

Marian said...

your shoes and that butterfly piece is gorgeous! you have such a terrific presence.
muah x
marian

TMFA said...

Nice outfit. :)

FASHION CHALET said...

thanks :)

x

Related Posts with Thumbnails