Sunday 1 March 2009

Ode to Lim



As promised in the previous post, here is my 3.1 Phillip Lim fall 09 inspired look. I had to throw my wig on, as much of the swinging sixties vibe felt in said collection comes from the sharp bob hairstyle used. I'm seriously itching it chop all my hair off, but I know I'd miss piling my hair of top of my head and creating huge hairstyles, so I won't be doing it. Outfit wise, I went for a mini skirt (obviously), a ruffle blouse, deep red/plum tights, and tan blazer...all elements lifted from the collection. This shade of orangey tan really was popular in the sixties. I was watching 'On Her Majesty's Secret
Service' the other day (a rather bored Sunday), which was filmed in 1969, and there was one particular busy scene, with lots of extras in the shot, and about 95% of the people were wearing this shade. I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it was hilarious. Anyway, back to 2009...how could I wear a sixties inspired outfit and not wear my Biba shoes?! Any excuse to wear such beauteous creatures is fine by me.




Vintage blazer, shoes (Biba), scarf (Accessorize), top (Warehouse), skirt (American Apparel).







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails